Monday, January 12, 2015

In The Next Hundred Days...

We are starting a new weight-loss adventure at work.  Between four people, who all need to lose a LOT of weight, we are going to try to lose 100 pounds in 100 days.

Since I've already lost so much weight in the last 98 days, I felt like I might not be able to hold up my end of the deal.  So, I went a little bit crazy this past weekend.

I'll spare you all the details, but let's just say that there were buffets involved.

The crazy part is that I didn't gain any weight.  Well, at least not since last Monday.  What probably happened is that I had already lost about 2 pounds from Monday to Friday and then I put some of that back on.  Either way, the binge kept my starting weight for the new challenge from being too low.  It also made me feel HORRIBLE.  That can serve as a helpful reminder of why I shouldn't eat like that anymore.

* * *

I've been struggling lately with loneliness.

I haven't been on a date in almost 18 months.  I want to meet someone, but I have all the confidence issues you'd expect from a lifetime of obesity.  Nearly all women say that they just want a nice, intelligent, FUNNY guy.  That is bullshit.  If it were true, there would be a line of single ladies outside my office door right now.

I know that men are shallow too, but at least we admit it.  I don't hear a lot of men saying that looks don't matter.  Women say it constantly.  You should read the online dating profiles I've been sifting through this week.

"The thing I want most is a man that can make me laugh."

I will bet you money that I can make her laugh.  I wonder if she'll respond to my message?

The answer is, of course, "No."  I haven't gotten a single response to any of the 22 messages I have sent.

I know that losing weight and getting in better shape will make it a little bit easier to meet people, but I really wish it wasn't so damned difficult in the first place.

* * *

Dominik is doing much better since my post last week.  Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes.  He is still in the hospital and he still has a long way to go, but he is getting a little better everyday.

* * *

Last week, I averaged about 3500 calories per day, and I walked about 19,000 steps.  I only lost 0.6 pounds, but I really thought I had gained weight.  So, I'll take it!

I have lost 32.2 pounds total (in 98 days).

This week's picture is pinkish because it was taken in the studio with ambient lighting.  Fancy...





No comments:

Post a Comment